By Geoffrey Woodward,Nicholas Fellows
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and demonstrated sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and review specifications of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- presents exam-style questions and assistance for every proper specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for numerous classes including:
- OCR: uprising and disease less than the Tudors 1485-1603
Read Online or Download Access to History: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485-1603 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Similar uk history books
How did England pass from a place of inferiority to the robust Spanish empire to accomplish international pre-eminence? during this very important moment ebook, Alison video games, a colonial American historian, explores the interval from 1560 to 1660, whilst England challenged dominion over the yank continents, confirmed new long-distance exchange routes within the jap Mediterranean and the East Indies, and emerged within the seventeenth century as an empire to reckon with.
The 1st accomplished account of the cultural and racial origins of the imperial defense partnership among Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Drawing on learn from each nook of the globe, John C. Mitcham merges stories of international relations, safety technique, and politics with a much broader research of society and pop culture, and in doing so, poses vital questions on race, British id, and the belief of empire.
This booklet is the professional heritage of British cupboard Secretaries, the main senior civil servants in united kingdom executive, from the post-war interval as much as 2002. In December 1916 Maurice Hankey sat on the cupboard desk to take the 1st reputable checklist of cupboard judgements. sooner than this there have been no formal cupboard time table and no list of cupboard judgements.
Among 1830 and 1914 in Britain a dramatic amendment of the popularity of Edmund Burke (1730-1797) happened. Burke, an Irishman and Whig baby-kisser, is now most ordinarily referred to as the 'founder of recent conservatism' - an highbrow culture that's additionally deeply hooked up to the id of the British Conservative celebration.
- British Civilization: An Introduction
- From Scottsboro to Munich: Race and Political Culture in 1930s Britain
- The Radical Face of the Ancient Constitution: St Edward's 'Laws' in Early Modern Political Thought
- Britain Observed: A Russian's View
- Anthony Ashley Cooper, First Earl of Shaftesbury 1621–1683
Extra resources for Access to History: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485-1603 for OCR Second Edition
Access to History: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485-1603 for OCR Second Edition by Geoffrey Woodward,Nicholas Fellows