By Sandra B., EdD, RN, FAAN Lewenson,Eleanor Krohn, EdD, RN, FAAN Herrmann
Winner of the 2008 AJN booklet of the 12 months Award!
Named a great educational name for 2008 byChoice!
"This good written and good edited booklet fills a distinct gap....[one of the] priceless few [books] that target technology or drugs and [one of] even fewer that disguise the heritage of nursing."(Three Stars)--Doody's booklet evaluation Service
While there were many learn texts within the nursing literature, and nursing background is either taught in classes and of renowned curiosity to practising nurses, there has never been a hands-on textual content that describes the method of doing ancient learn in nursing. This booklet, contributed by means of recognized and revered nurse historians, presents the mandatory course, assistance, and examples had to behavior ancient learn. It covers such issues as historiography, biographical study, utilizing artifacts in old learn, doing archival and different facts searches, doing overseas ancient examine, and finding investment resources for historic learn. Case stories should be used all through to demonstrate a number of equipment and describe how, why, whilst, and the place ancient examine is utilized in nursing.
Features of this edition:
- Provides path and instruments for engaging in old research
- Describes forms of study, together with biographical and oral histories
- Covers frameworks used to check historic occasions, corresponding to social, political, feminist, highbrow, and cultural
- Addresses modern concerns akin to maintaining and storing digitalized and tape-recorded facts and acquiring institutional overview board (IRB) popularity of learn, and addressing moral and felony concerns in historic research
- Includes case stories that offer a "how-to" consultant to carrying out research
Read or Download Capturing Nursing History: A Guide to Historical Methods in Research PDF
Best medical research books
Utilized statisticians in lots of fields needs to often study time to occasion info. whereas the statistical instruments awarded during this booklet are acceptable to facts from drugs, biology, public future health, epidemiology, engineering, economics, and demography, the focal point here's on functions of the options to biology and drugs.
Laboratory animals, together with ferrets, play an incredible position in biomedical study and advances. The humane care and administration of those animals continues to be an ongoing problem. released in colour to supply higher readability to the suggestions and ideas mentioned, The Laboratory Ferret offers uncomplicated details and customary strategies intimately to supply a short reference for investigators, technicians, and caretakers within the laboratory surroundings.
Average medicinal chemistry classes and texts are prepared via sessions of gear with an emphasis on descriptions in their organic and pharmacological results. This e-book represents a brand new process in line with actual natural chemical rules and response mechanisms that permit the reader to extrapolate to many comparable periods of drug molecules.
Antipsychotic Long-acting Injections (LAIs) have been brought within the Sixties to enhance therapy adherence in schizophrenia. hence, first-generation antipsychotic LAIs turned normal in lots of nations. because the preliminary e-book of Antipsychotic Long-acting Injections in 2010, new trial info were released on long-acting injection (LAI) arrangements of the medication Risperidone, Paliperidone, and Olanzapine.
- Handbook of Laboratory Animal Science, Volume III, Third Edition: Animal Models: 3
- Research Ethics Committees, Data Protection and Medical Research in European Countries (Data Protection and Medical Research in Europe : PRIVIREAL)
- Getting Research Published: An A-Z of Publication Strategy, Third Edition
- The IACUC Handbook: The Basic Unit of an Effective Animal Care and Use Program
Additional info for Capturing Nursing History: A Guide to Historical Methods in Research
Capturing Nursing History: A Guide to Historical Methods in Research by Sandra B., EdD, RN, FAAN Lewenson,Eleanor Krohn, EdD, RN, FAAN Herrmann